Design intent was to refurbish the Calhoun Beach Clubs’ social and athletic club to increase membership and awareness of its social services, which paralleled the original 1928 founder‘s radical idea of a club where men, woman and children could enjoy fitness, fine dining, outdoor recreation and the beauty of Lake Calhoun. While preserving the properties’ inherent historical architectural styling, the focus was to add strategic elements to modernize its image. This included updating interior finishes, millwork, furnishings, lighting, graphics, and brand consistency, also included vintage art installations featuring regional sports equipment like lacrosse rackets, snowshoes and tennis rackets. As the oldest high-rise residential building outside of the Minneapolis’ downtown core, it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on December 23, 2003. The result was a vintage brand that enriched the modern-day bottom line, raised brand visibility, grew market share, and maintained high visibility in the marketplace.